so. Actually m48t59 is emulated in sparc32, but not connected
in case of sparc64.
The referencing comment in the opensolaris source:
* Appropriate tod module will be dynamically selected while booting
* based on finding a device tree node with a "device_type" property value
* of "tod". If such a node describing tod is not found, for backward
* compatibility, a node with a "name" property value of "eeprom" and
* "model" property value of "mk48t59" will be used. Failing to find
* node matching either of the above criteria will result in no tod module
* being selected; this will cause the boot process to halt
On the real U30 machine:
ok cd /pci@1f,4000/ebus@1/eeprom@14,0
reg 00000014 00000000 00002000
Oh, that's interesting. If I look in drivers/obio.c then I can see an eeprom
device named "mk48t08" rather than "mk48t59". Is this a typo, or does
need a new explicit device defined in pci.c's ebus_config_cb() somewhere?