On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Andreas Färber firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
Am 28.11.2010 um 15:50 schrieb Blue Swirl:
On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Andreas Färber email@example.com wrote:
Am 21.11.2010 um 13:33 schrieb Blue Swirl:
On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 2:15 AM, Segher Boessenkool firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
Sounds to me like the real problem is with how ar is used, then? Can you show the ar commands that fail?
Oh I see now. ar doesn't store pathname.
If you can require a new enough binutils (2.19 or newer), you could use "thin archives", which don't have this limitation, and have some more advantages. See the -T option to ar (ar rcsT bla.a ...)
Another option is to have an archive file per directory.
The object files could be renamed before archiving, or GCC -o target could be different from what simple %o: %.c substitution rule would generate.
But googling for the project finds very few references, most of them are OpenBIOS. This seems to be the source: http://ftp.penguinppc.org/users/hasi/ It's stale, but I found it here:
http://www.koders.com/info.aspx?c=ProjectInfo&pid=XDR5GKGZPX43N13RGPC3DV... in the project hfsplusutils. Linux fs/hfsplus seems to be very different.
So I think renaming would be the easiest solution, in the unlikely event that hfsplusutils project revives we can still pretty easily refresh.
The patch once again is line-wrapped  unfortunately. It would be nice if you could push such patches to your http://repo.or.cz/w/openbios.git repository (or wherever) for testing.
Pushed, please test.
Thanks, works for me. The slight dissimilarity with the original files stems from whitespace changes.
Probably because I have [apply] whitespace = fix in $HOME/.gitconfig
Acked-by: Andreas Färber email@example.com
I would suggest to rename unicode.c and blockiter.c, too, though. Might bite in the future.
True. I updated and pushed.