On 12.06.2010 22:52, Paul Menzel wrote:
Signed-off-by: Paul Menzel
Thanks for your patch.
@@ -60,7 +60,7 @@ void nicnatsemi_chip_writeb(uint8_t val, chipaddr addr)
* The datasheet requires 32 bit accesses to this register, but it seems
* that requirement might only apply if the register is memory mapped.
- * Bit 8-31 of this register are apparently don't care, and if this
+ * Bit 8-31 of this register apparently don't care, and if this
* register is I/O port mapped 8 bit accesses to the lowest byte of the
* register seem to work fine. Due to that, we ignore the advice in the
* data sheet.
"don't care" is used as a compound adjective and the verb in the
compound adjective is ignored in that case. Please see
for details. It is
possible to improve readability slightly with the following variant:
Bit 8-31 of this register are apparently don't-care bits, and...
Not sure if this is really better, and we probably should ask a native
speaker who works with hardware logic.