there are three ways for your problem
1. pref64 really 64 bit, and above 4G...
2. use base reg instead of hole reg
3. auto increase hole sizek...
1, depend if it kernel driver support 64 pref.
2, and 3 is in the patch..., if your kernel is too old, you may use 3
On 11/22/05, Stefan Reinauer <stepan(a)openbios.org> wrote:
* Ronald G Minnich <rminnich(a)lanl.gov> [051122 17:40]:
Stefan Reinauer wrote:
* Ronald G Minnich <rminnich(a)lanl.gov>
status, anyone? Where is this?
Island/Aruma. They have plenty of devices. I think there is a better
solution to this, but I wanted to put it up so it won't get lost.
the code looks ok. So do I commit this one, absent a better solution?
The code hard codes the three gig memory hole for all systems. Which
is maybe not what we want.
I think https://www.openbios.org/roundup/linuxbios/issue33
another approach for the problem. Yinghai?
LinuxBIOS mailing list