I am trying to boot BayleyBay CRB Rev 3 using coreboot and have no success
so far. I have serial port (DB9) connected and using 115200 Baud Rate. No
message comes on serial at all. Here is the procedure I followed.
1. Pulled latest coreboot from git.
2. Pulled following from BAY_TRAIL_FSP_KIT. The reason for doing it is
that BAYTRAIL_FSP.fd is not in git and .config refers to it. Also .config
refers to ../intel/cpu/baytrail/microcode
a) created intel directory parallel to coreboot and copied
BAYTRAIL_FSP_GOLD_002_10-JANUARY-2014.fd in to
b) Copied *.h from Microcode folder in the kit to
3. Configured the coreboot for mainboard as intel bayleybay. My .config is
4. Build Coreboot. Below is the prints from cbfstool.
cmos_layout.bin 0x0 cmos_layout 1132
fallback/romstage 0x4c0 stage 27813
fallback/ramstage 0x71c0 stage 67431
fallback/payload 0x17980 payload 268859
config 0x59400 raw 4363
(empty) 0x5a540 null 744088
cpu_microcode_blob.bin 0x110000 microcode 104448
(empty) 0x129840 null 157528
mrc.cache 0x14ffc0 (unknown) 65536
(empty) 0x160000 null 393112
fsp.bin 0x1bffc0 (unknown) 229376
(empty) 0x1f8000 null 31640
5. Flashed the coreboot.rom in upper 2MB (0X0600000-0x07FFFFF)
6. Reboot the board
7. Nothing comes on Serial Console (DB9). Also tried to connect Micro usb
cable which detects two serial ports but no output to any of them as well.
8. Before flashing coreboot.rom, 4 digit display was displaying something
on two digits and rest two were zero. Now all 4 digits stays at zeros.
Looking for help to get at least serial working so that I can get some logs
to debug it. I do not have copy of original BIOS that was there in Flash
and forgot to make a copy using programmer though I ensured that I only
touch upper 2MB. I am stuck and have no logs to debug it.
Thanks in advance.
Show replies by thread