Attendees: ========== Patrick, Matt, Stefan, Arthur, David, Felix, Ron, Philipp, Martin, Michal (3mdeb)
### New feature enablement with gerrit 3.0? * [https://twitter.com/GerritReview/status/1128687067217768448%5D(https://twitt...) jenkins integration in gerrit * [https://twitter.com/vogella/status/1123969623584538624%5D(https://twitter.co...) gerritstats * Not urgent - Patrick [will look](https://ticket.coreboot.org/issues/212) at adding these features when he has some time.
### Blog access (syndication of a subset of their own blog posts) for registered [vendors](https://coreboot.org/products.html)/%5Bconsultants%5D(https://coreboot.org/c...) * Maybe with some rules on content, like “must be useful information for non-customers” and “explicit advertisement for services and products only in the last paragraph, at most X words” to avoid becoming a vendor bulletin board (also known as spam trap)? * Stefan approves, David approves, with clear guidelines for the vendors. * 3mdeb is interested, 9esec is interested, Martin to ask Kerry (Silverback), David to ping Eltan * Example that led to this idea: [https://blog.3mdeb.com/2019/2019-05-22-reproducible-builds/%5D(https://blog....) * “At most 100 words” would be plenty of space for their (in Patrick’s humble opinion) reasonable ad paragraph while avoiding a 500 words article with 25000 words of ads in a single paragraph * Next steps? * Ask the vendors if there’s interest * Who will drive the logistics? * What do we (and the vendors) prefer, direct blog access or syndication from their own blogs?
## Discuss deprecating additional platforms after coreboot 4.11 release. Aside from the FSP platforms, these should mainly platforms that are no longer actively being worked.
FSP 1.0 chips * Broadwell DE * David to follow-up with Intel this week. * Rangeley * Baytrail FSP 1.1 chips * Why remove fsp 1.1? It’s maintained, “not too bad”, active developers? * Braswell - Keep this * Arthur says we have C bootblock support * 4 new platforms in flight. * Actively being maintained * Skylake 1.1 (Also has a 2.0 implementation) * Drop Skylake 1.1 in favor of 2.0 * Need to update skylake 1.1 platforms to 2.0 Other Possible chips to remove if not being maintained or used * Via Vx900 * AMD F10 * AMD F12h * soc/samsung/exynos5250 * ti am335x * allwinner/a10? * southbridge/broadcom * southbridge/nvidia * southbridge/amd/amd111 * southbridge/amd/amd8132
Other items relating to platform removal * Announce removal for 4.11 “unless a maintainer shows up”? * What are the requirements on the maintainer? * At least submitting a working board-status quarterly * For now, 'boots to kernel' is a minimum requirement. * Ramp up the requirements for maintainers (because we had folks registering themselves as maintainer only to disappear) * The boots-to-kernel + board-status requirement is only for the boards that are supposed to be removed for 4.11 * Increase the requirements once board-status (or whatever succeeds it) [can track it](https://ticket.coreboot.org/issues/210). No use requiring stuff that we have no systematic way for maintainers to report. * Request specific things for 4.11 release? C_ENVIRONMENT_BOOTBLOCK, NO_CAR_GLOBAL_MIGRATION? (for applicable platforms) * Agreed on announcing this in 4.10 release
### Should we change the version numbering for coreboot releases * After making the 4.11 branch and removing the unused platforms from ToT, should the next release be 5.0? * Do we want to go with a Year-based version numbering scheme instead? 2019.X * “Coreboot 95” (although that would be Caesar Domitian’s release) * Stefan likes version numbers (over year based numbers) * David does too, major.minor versions have useful info * Fall 2019 release plan: * 4.11 release is done (~Oct 2019) * Remove unmaintained platforms * 5.0 release is tagged (~Oct 2019) * Old platforms can continue to be maintained on 4.11 branch * Needs jenkins integration ([build on branch with branch toolchain](https://ticket.coreboot.org/issues/211)) * 5.1 release will be in spring 2020
### 4.10 release is behind schedule * Patrick hopes for release this week
## Should we add Rust support in coreboot? * Idea is based on Ron’s oreboot project [https://github.com/oreboot/oreboot%5D(https://github.com/oreboot/oreboot) * Ron prefers talking about compiler guards (again) (kidding!) * Needs coreboot toolchain support * What would we use it for? (no answers) (write romrustc) * Maybe too soon to look into this * Stefan would like to see the oreboot project re-implement a base coreboot feature set before pulling it into coreboot. * Rust can give a lot of features for free, but the binaries are definitely bigger.
### Authors file * Martin to write a script to remove copyright lines and add them to the AUTHORS file * This will happen after the 4.10 release
### OSFC * Call for papers - [https://easychair.org/cfp/osfc2019%5D(https://easychair.org/cfp/osfc2019) * Still looking for more submissions * Change submission requirement to paragraph summary * Add draft slides / outline requirement for 1 month after submission * New deadline for submissions is July 1 * Travel subsidies available for speakers if needed * Philipp to post call for papers to coreboot mailing list
Public link to coreboot leadership minutes document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NRXqXcLBp5pFkHiJbrLdv3Spqh1Hu086HYkKrgKj...
Anyone interested in joining the leadership meetings in the future can check the calendar on the coreboot website for call-in information. https://coreboot.org/calendar.html The next meeting is Wednesday June 19, 17:00 UTC