Is there a way by which I can use the external programmer to flash the complete chip at once. I mean There is the Linux BIOS image which includes the kernel and then there is the root file system and a fall back image. So that I can have a single file which I can generate and distribute.
Have this been done before ?
On Jan 1, 2008 9:32 AM, Corey Osgood email@example.com wrote:
Phani Babu Giddi wrote:
Thanks for your reply but I am not clear. Let me list the steps, may be that will explain the problem I see.
- I have a host target environment
- I build Linux Kernel image with initrd on the host
- I also build the root file system on the host
- Now I build Linux BIOS and specify the Linux Kernel as payload.
- So at this point I have the .bin/.rom for Linux BIOS and an image
file for the root file system. 6. So my question was how do I get this on the flash device. Do I have to use an external programmer for this ? Because there is nothing on the target for me to run flashrom.
Yep, you can use an external programmer, or you can use some other board that's compatible with flashrom and your flash chip, by hot swapping the flash chips.