[SerialICE] problem about compiling

Idwer Vollering vidwer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 23:41:45 CET 2013

2013/11/17 <hyperchem at vip.qq.com>

> Hello,everyone!
> I am a newbie of using serialICE.
> When I tried to compile SerialICE source code on my machine, I got a error
> which I googled for quite a few days resulted with no solution. Could
> anyone help me on it?

What mainboard target did you configure SerialICE for? See the output of
'grep CONFIG_BOARD_ .config'

> Environment :kali 1.0 x64。Compiler: default in kali 1.0

Which compiler/binutils does kali ship? Please run 'gcc -v' and copy/paste
the output.

> Here is the error screenshot.

Removed the screenshot since we prefer text over screenshots.
The screenshot shows:

> # make
>   CPP      build/start.o
>   AS       build/start.o
> /root/serialice/SerialICE-1.5/start.S: Assembler messages:
> /root/serialice/SerialICE-1.5/start.S:138: Error: attempt to move .org
backwards
> make: *** [/root/serialice/SerialICE-1.5/build/start.o] <pinyin?> 1

Did you modify start.S? How did you obtain its source code?

> Thanks A lot!!
>
> hyperchem

HTH,

Idwer