[SerialICE] The strangest post codes

Andrew Goodbody andrew.goodbody at tadpole.com
Mon Apr 4 12:51:47 CEST 2011

Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> * Joseph Smith <joe at settoplinux.org> [110402 00:33]:
>> On the i854 it is a set-top-box design and the memory is on-board
>> from the manufacturer. On the i855 the memory is fine and both
>> boards boot just fine with their normal bios's. Is there a public
>> doc on Intel Memory Reference Code (MRC) that I can learn more about
>> it?
>
> Unfortunately, the real home of the easter bunny and Intel's MRC are
> among the biggest secrets in the 'verse.
>
> Stefan

Indeed. This is the big issue that prevents support of modern Intel
chipsets in coreboot.

What you need to do is to adapt the filters in serialice.lua so that
they work for your board(s) by routing the access to the actual hardware
at first and then switch to QEMU memory for speed later. The default
ones are mostly specific to whatever board and BIOS they were developed on.

Best of luck,
Andrew