[SerialICE] The strangest post codes

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Sat Apr 2 00:33:12 CEST 2011

On 04/01/2011 06:33 AM, Andrew Goodbody wrote:
> Joseph Smith wrote:
>> Well now I am completely stumped. Both my i854 and i855 boards both
>> crap out with the same strange post codes. Two completely different
>> boards and two completely different bios vendors....
>> IO: outw 0080 <= eee3
>> --craps out after this----
>>
>> Anyone ever seen these 16bit post codes before? Help?
>>

> Replying direct as I can't normally post to the list due to the
> greylisting in use.
>
> I would make a guess that this is the Intel Memory Reference Code (MRC)
> as that would most likely be common between the two boards.
>
> If this happens without SerialICE then I would hazard a guess that it
> does not like the memory that is fitted, are you sure you have correct
> memory for each board?
> If it only happens with SerialICE then you probably need to adjust what
> accesses go where and when so that the MRC will be able to correctly
> complete by accessing the platform RAM before switching memory accesses
> to QEMU RAM for speed later.

Hello Andrew,
On the i854 it is a set-top-box design and the memory is on-board from
the manufacturer. On the i855 the memory is fine and both boards boot
just fine with their normal bios's. Is there a public doc on Intel
Memory Reference Code (MRC) that I can learn more about it?

--
Thanks,
Joseph Smith