[SerialICE] The strangest post codes

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Fri Apr 1 10:04:21 CEST 2011

On Fri, 1 Apr 2011 02:19:52 +0200, Stefan Reinauer
<stefan.reinauer at coreboot.org> wrote:
> * Joseph Smith <joe at settoplinux.org> [110401 01:19]:
>> >You will have to figure out where the BIOS is taking a jump to the
wrong
>> >code path and make sure you satisfy its requirements.
>
> Are you sure it's actually hanging there forever and not just waiting in
> a very long delay loop? Disassemble the code there and find out what it
> does.

Well, it does seem that the writes to 0xeb are delays (they are through out
the whole dump), but I could only stand the loud constant beep code for
about 10 minutes. When I backtraced the i854 it was determined that it was
a constant loop. But ok, I will play with gdb and see if I can find out
what is jumping to 0xeb3a9. I may need some help understanding what it is
that I am looking at though because I am retarded  when it comes to
assembly ;-)

>> >Does this BIOS use Cache As RAM? Did you initialize the CAR region
>> >correctly?
>
> The code did not set up any MTRRs, so no CAR here (yet)

ok that makes sense.

--
Thanks,
Joseph Smith