[SerialICE] Readback error

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 19:26:27 CEST 2010

All right.  With the patches that I sent for Serengeti Cheetah support
and Jordan's snserial tool
http://www.coreboot.org/index.php?title=AMD_SimNow&redirect=no#Using_the_snserial_tool
+ a simple patch for making it compile on my compiler (attached)...

It works!  I can run SimNOW with a SerialICE, snserial to make it go
to /dev/pts/13, and qemu with the serialice patches.  It looks like I
need to update the lua script so that I don't kill the serial port,
since this is the last thing I get:

MEM: writel fee00380 <= 00000033 *
IO: outb 002e <= 87
IO: outb 002e <= 87
IO: outb 002e <= 07
IO: outb 002f <= 02
IO: outb 002e <= 30
IO: outb 002f <= 00
IO: outb 002e <= 60

I thought I'd use gdb to skip over those, but when I use gdb to
connect (adding -s -S to the qemu command line), I get a lot of these
messages:

MEM:  readl 000c9900 => ffffffff *
Readback error! 38/39
Readback error! 63/34

Any ideas of why connecting gdb would cause readback errors on the port?

Thanks,
Myles