[SerialICE] Bricking (and unbricking) your board.

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Wed Jul 7 01:26:20 CEST 2010

On 07/06/2010 06:39 PM, Myles Watson wrote:
>> Wow that is interesting. Even after you disconnected power (ATX connector)
>> and cmos battery it would still keeps those values?
> Since I could recover with SerialICE I didn't try it.  I was surprised
> that the factory BIOS wouldn't set the values correctly, though.

I'm not. I have seen some factory bios' that have a sequence in the
begining that goes through and writes a bunch of pci registers to their
default values and some factory bios' that don't. The devices that keep
those values must be strapped to a capacitor or the cmos battery.

--
Thanks,
Joseph Smith