[flashrom] ERASE FAILED on Macronix Bios Chip x220 (Expected 0xff, Found=0x5a)

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Fri Jan 26 15:56:30 CET 2018

Hello realraw,

first off, your mail came through very mangled. Please send text-only
messages (e.g. no html) to the mailing list. Should save some time.

On 25.01.2018 00:44, realraw at tuta.io wrote:
> After having tried all 4 options of flashchips on my bios, they will all
> fail to erase and then finally write the new Coreboot ROM I've compiled.
>
> I have changed power sources, methods of powering the Pi3, as well as
> all the different SPI speeds.

Please elaborate about your complete setup, e.g. what exactly is con-
nected to your RPi? how is it connected? is it a plain flash chip or
a complete mainboard?

Looking at the log, it really looks like some kind of write protection,
though it could also be the chip failing to erase due to power shortage.

Nico