[flashrom] Flashrom and DirectHW on MacOS

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at gmx.at
Thu Jun 8 09:05:40 CEST 2017

On Wed, 7 Jun 2017 17:26:45 -0600
David Hendricks <david.hendricks at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am interested in getting flashrom running on MacOS, but it seems that the
> DirectHW package [1] which it depends on hasn't been updated for quite some
> time and won't install on Sierra (10.12.4).
>
> There's an updated branch of DirectHW from PureDarwin [2] that resolves
> compilation errors due to Xcode changes. However it doesn't update the
> packager from packagemaker to pkgbuild and productbuild.
>
> I'm a Mac n00b and didn't get far trying to make it all work, and was
> curious if there's anyone who would like to take a swing at this. Getting
> DirectHW updated will also help with other low-level tools. I'd be happy to
> help test and get patches committed.
>
> [1] https://review.coreboot.org/cgit/directhw.git
> [2] https://github.com/PureDarwin/DirectHW

Hi David,

I (and the buildbot) have been using
https://github.com/tpoechtrager/osxcross.git to build binaries for osx
in the past. Carldani set it up IIRC and I can't really comment further
on that.

Also, I made a change to flashrom regarding DirectHW locally.
IIRC that made it easier to build it...?

-PCILIBS += -framework IOKit -framework DirectHW
+PCILIBS += -framework IOKit -lDirectHW

To use that you need at least one of my two patches from here... I
think:
https://github.com/flashrom/directhw/commits/master