[coreboot] riscv: how to running coreboot on HiFive Unleashed?

Jonathan Neuschäfer j.neuschaefer at gmx.net
Tue Nov 27 13:27:03 CET 2018

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 12:20:53PM +0800, 王翔 wrote:
> I tried it again. Press reset key can see the serial output. Maybe the
> power is turned on too fast. The computer does not capture the serial
> port data.

Unfortunately, the FTDI chip is also behind the power button, so when
you release the power button, the FTDI chip starts up, and minicom has
to reconnect, and at the same time the SoC already starts running and
printing things on the UART.

Something like this helps sometimes:

- Power the board off via the power button
- Press and hold the reset button
- Power the board on
- Wait until minicom has reconnected
- Release the reset button

> Below is my serial output

[...]
> > coreboot-4.8-2282-gc88828daeb Mon Nov 26 09:56:26 UTC 2018 bootblock starting...
> > Boot mode: 15
> > Couldn't load romstage.

Hmm, this looks like a bug.

Jonathan Neuschäfer