[coreboot] Schematics and PCB design for ASMB4 (Was: There are ASMB5's on fleabay right now for $30/ea (firmware storage module required for OpenBMC on the KGPE-D16/KCMA-D8))

Daniel Gröber dxld at darkboxed.org
Sat Nov 3 05:32:44 CET 2018

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 03, 2018 at 12:10:25AM +0100, Angel Pons wrote:
> Is it me, or is that thing a SPI flash chip on a PCB plus a few
> transistors? It seems like copying the PCB design is rather doable, or am I
> missing something?

Indeed, very doable, but tedious work ;)

Here you go:

    https://github.com/DanielG/asmb4
    https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/jZLoDQ3Y

I had the schematics lying around on paper for a while now but I was
too lazy to digitize them until now. The design is completely
untested, I just ordered some boards though so we'll see.

FWIW if anyone is interrested in getting some assembled boards I might
do a small production run.

--Daniel