[coreboot] Why do we have FSP-S

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Tue May 1 21:46:32 CEST 2018

> Our recommendation for some time has been a mix -- arm64 client devices
> (laptops, tablets, etc.) and ppc64el servers.  With those two, you can
> replace x86 entirely if you don't have proprietary software in your
> environment.

With all due respect, this is the discussion about Coreboot going into
The Right Direction! This is what I actually aimed for. :-)

I bet, there should be the effort to keep arm64 BSPs completely opened
(100% source code). This is the key point in this discussion! Very
soon Debian 10 will roll out, and they/Debian maintainers committed to
full arm64 support. As my best understanding is.

If both architectures (arm64 and ppc64el) CAN replace x86_64
architecture, and capture some significant market percentage, INTEL
will recognize the considerable loss of the market share and start
doing what (correctly) people are asking here (on this list) for
years, and years... And years!

Just IMHO.

Zoran
_______