[coreboot] "pci=nomsi" parameter for PCIe devices

Аладышев Константин aladyshev at nicevt.ru
Wed Mar 14 13:21:46 CET 2018

Hello!

I use PCIe device xr17v358 to make UARTs on my motherboard
(https://www.exar.com/product/interface/uarts/pcie-uarts/xr17v358). But
UARTs work correctly only if I boot Linux kernel with "pci=nomsi" parameter.

I can always see and operate with PCIe configuration space correctly, but
normally (without "pci=nomsi" parameter) xr17v358 driver never enters its
interrupt routine, that is used for transmit/receive characters.

Can this somehow be a BIOS issue or it is more likely a xr17v358 driver
issue?

Best Regards,
Aladyshev Konstantin