[coreboot] I want to be a contributor (Cloud Dai)

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Sat Jan 20 20:07:05 CET 2018

On 01/20/2018 01:34 PM, ron minnich wrote:

> But ... if you've never installed coreboot before, you really want to start
> with a supported, known working board so you understand all the moving
> parts, at least that's my belief.
Yeah mine too but he didn't ask for a rec for that, I do agree that
physical hardware will always be better than qemu.
If cloud-dai wants a working board to start and has the cash I would
recommend the KGPE-D16 as it is the ultimate coreboot board with the
most features, and it is fast enough to be useful for other stuff like a
gaming pc or sane gentoo compile times, otherwise yeah the pcengines
APU1 is a good more affordable choice.

Have you tried the D8/D16 OpenBMC port yet?