[coreboot] Server systems shipped with coreboot

Julien Viard de Galbert jviarddegalbert at online.net
Thu Jan 18 14:55:03 CET 2018

Hello Felix, and all,

> Le 18 janv. 2018 à 04:17, Felix Held <felix-coreboot at felixheld.de> a écrit :
>
> Hi Carl-Daniel!
>
>> At 34C3 I was told by someone that a major vendor has been shipping
>> servers with coreboot without announcing this, and I unfortunately
>> neither remember the server model nor who told me about this.
> This might be related: https://www.fosdem.org/2018/schedule/event/hwenablement_open_source_bios_at_scale/ <https://www.fosdem.org/2018/schedule/event/hwenablement_open_source_bios_at_scale/>

Well no, I don’t think it could be, or the person was not well informed.

We are not a vendor, but a hosting/cloud company, so we rent servers or service running on them, we do not ship them.
Also none of those servers with coreboot were available yet during 34C3.

Anyway, you are welcome to come to my talk at FOSDEM for more details ;-)

Best Regards,

Julien

Julien Viard de Galbert - jviarddegalbert at online.net
Online / Scaleway