[coreboot] Fwd: Intel Leaf Hill Coreboot Trouble

Tahnia Lichtenstein unlich at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 15:25:22 CEST 2017

Hi Cameron, coreboot,

Yes I did indeed intend to reply to all in my previous mail, apologies :)
So the previous two messages are now also included in this thread.

I've gone through the U-Boot readme and I see what you mean. However, with
the uboot patch that Intel provides, the CONFIG_OF_EMBED option is enabled
instead of CONFIG_OF_SEPARATE, like the U-Boot instructions suggest. The
Intel-provided patch however does not change the manner in which the
coreboot payload is included, i.e. the patch does not cause this command to
be issued during coreboot build:
./build/util/cbfstool/cbfstool build/coreboot.rom add-flat-binary -f
u-boot-dtb.bin -n fallback/payload -c lzma -l 0x1110000 -e 0x1110000

So after tweaking my U-Boot build to force the include of the coreboot
video framebuffer (which I don't think was a problem previously, but it's
included explicitly now, just for in case), I built U-Boot and it only
produces u-boot.bin, but not u-boot-dtb.bin (contrary to expected result
from readme). Thereafter I built coreboot with payload set to "None" via
make menuconfig, and thereafter ran the above CBFS command (but using
u-boot.bin instead of u-boot-dtb.bin). This build of coreboot + U-Boot
still does not detect any USB controller, and I also get the same SPI bus
error that you do after running "sf probe", as follows:

=> usb start
starting USB...
No controllers found
=> sf probe 0
Invalid bus 0 (err=-19)
Failed to initialize SPI flash at 0:0 (error -19)
=> sf probe 1
Invalid bus 0 (err=-19)
Failed to initialize SPI flash at 0:1 (error -19)

So from what I can tell, I did everything the instructions said to
propagate the coreboot device tree to U-Boot. Can anybody tell me how do I
know whether my coreboot device tree was propagated correctly to my U-Boot
payload?

Many thanks!
Tahnia