[coreboot] greetings and laptop questions

Patrick Georgi pgeorgi at google.com
Tue Oct 10 09:39:17 CEST 2017

Hi Youness,

> it uses FSP, but you fail to mention that anything using coreboot will
> use the FSP unless it's 10 year old hardware (Sandybridge is the
> latest FSP-free supported CPU).
While I understand your frustration, and agree with the general thrust
of your email, and disregarding the "10 years", the Samsung Chromebook
Plus (and many other devices of similar age) beg to differ.
There are devices from 2016 and 2017 shipping with coreboot and no CPU
level blobs in the firmware (the only CPU side blob would be the
kernel's GPU driver).

Patrick
--
Google Germany GmbH, ABC-Str. 19, 20354 Hamburg
Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg