[coreboot] minnowmax expertise needed

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 18:36:02 CEST 2017

Hello Ron,

Hmmmm.... I am afraid, you embarked on/boarded/asked the wrong forum.
My best advice: you should go to Tiano Core forum to ask there these
questions. Something like that:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/tianocore/support

Maybe even better pointer: http://www.tianocore.org/edk2/#

This forum, you asked these questions, actually supports a bootloader
called Coreboot, only. If you did not know!? :p

What is MinnowMax? I always thought that MinnowMax is an INTEL IOTG
BYT HW platform, INTEL development board. It actually started from ISG
desire to support embedded Tunnel Creek/TNC (remember this one, ONLY
32bit ISG CPU creation, in Y2010, by INTEL ISG executives X & Y (X=JJ,
Y=DD)? ISG (what is ISG, anyway?) experts developed this one, TNC, to
compete with ARMv7. Hmmmmm... Did they succeed? JJ and DD certainly
did. For sure! Both retired, although JJ ONLY once, DD many times
(still dead loop executing)... ;-)

And here is modernized version of one, you would like to do (some?!) job on it:
http://elinux.org/Minnowboard:MinnowMax

My best guess. Best, for sure.

I have no idea why you need all of this, but what you would like to do
is actually to use:
[1] Either UEFI AMI BIOS on MinnowMax (BYT wise);
[2] Either SEC+PEI (in binary form) + Tiano Core on MinnowMax (BYT wise).

Anyway, the interesting question (after all) is the following: Why do
you need this use case: "I want a single DXE, which PEI starts, and
the DXE never returns. In this case it will be a linux kernel."

I could not (as much as I am trying, now) envision such an use case
(what are the features/requirements requested)...And for what???

Thank you, Ron!
Zoran
_______