[coreboot] #166: Compiling a Geode target without CONFIG_VGA_ROM_RUN fails to find VSA functions.

coreboot svn at coreboot.org
Fri Jun 4 13:01:50 CEST 2010

#166: Compiling a Geode target without CONFIG_VGA_ROM_RUN fails to find VSA
functions.
--------------------------------------------+-------------------------------
    Reporter:  edwin_beasant@…              |         Owner:  stepan@…
        Type:  defect                       |        Status:  new
   Component:  coreboot                     |      Keywords:  Geode VSA option rom
Dependencies:                               |   Patchstatus:  there is no patch
--------------------------------------------+-------------------------------
 For some reason, the VSA running code has been moved to the option rom
 source files - this is not usable when I don't wish coreboot to run the
 option roms on the system (I want seabios to do it).

 Compilation fails trying to find do_vsmbios.
 reporting:

 build/coreboot_ram.o: In function `pci_domain_enable':
 northbridge.c:(.text+0xd44): undefined reference to `do_vsmbios'
 collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
 make: *** [build/coreboot_ram] Error 1

 This code needs to be independent of running option roms or not.

--
Ticket URL: <https://tracker.coreboot.org/trac/coreboot/ticket/166>
coreboot <http://www.coreboot.org/>