[coreboot] Please list soldered/non-soldered BIOS

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Wed Sep 10 14:18:18 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 02:19:45AM +0200, David Englund wrote:
> http://www.coreboot.org/GIGABYTE_GA-M57SLI-S4_Build_Tutorial#Before_you_begin
> "The fact that the BIOS is soldered onto the board complicates matters
> considerably, because it means that one flash of a faulty image will
> render your board unusable (it will be 'bricked')."
>

> Can anyone please list if the BIOS is soldered or non-soldered for each
> board at http://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Motherboards ?

This information is contained in the vendor cooperation scorecard.

We don't have many yet, but there is one for the m57sli:

  http://www.coreboot.org/Gigabyte_m57sli_Vendor_Cooperation_Score

People should pick boards with the most hares.

> If you don't do this, then I have to do this by my self in my own
> research for coreboot supported boards so please answer.

If you do, send us what you find.

> I also suggest that you make a contact link or a email address visible
> on the page. Can you do that?

This e-mail list is your main point of contact. That's way more efficient
than listing a single developer's address.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation - Senior Systems Administrator