[LinuxBIOS] summit

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Fri Sep 22 20:32:56 CEST 2006

* Richard Smith <smithbone at gmail.com> [060922 20:12]:
> On 9/22/06, Ronald G Minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> wrote:
>
> > can somebody bring a monitor or two?
>
> I don't have any LCD's I can free up.

I only have a single one with an LVDS digital output, so it is
basically useless. I have a (mostly) spare laptop here.

So it would be great if one/some of the local visitors could bring a
Panel. If not, I'll get one here locally and bring it.

> > I can't bring outlet strips -- mine are all rated at 120v.

I'll bring some, but the ones I got are german ones.

> As long as the strips don't have TSV's or other 120V surge protectors
> in then I think they will be ok.

Yeah. Most cheap ones will just work. If someone has those, please bring
them along (US strips), so we can easily interconnect US hardware

> > usb and ps/2 keyboards would be good -- can somebody bring one or two?
>
> I've got a USB keyboard I'l bring and I can bring some ps/2 ones.
>
> Do we really need that many?  Won't most of our stuff be via serial?

yes. most stuff will. I have one USB keyboard here. IMHO one PS2
keyboard will be enough, or maybe even a converter.

stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613