Change in flash chip kills my linuxbios.

Joey Nelson joey at joescan.com
Thu Jul 22 19:19:01 CEST 2004

I've had linux bios running on a Fabiatech FB2510 for some time.  The most
recent batch of boards have switched from an SST 39SF020A flash, to a
Winbond W29C020C.  Both are 265Kx8 flash roms.

My image no longer works with the Winbond.  I've tested with an old SST
flash on the new boards and everything works smashing.  But with the Winbond
I get nothing; no serial output or anything.

I've verified that the images are identical using a chip programmer.

Any ideas on what might cause this?  Any easy fixes?

Thanks,

Joey Nelson