Ram initialization and small c.

Ian Castle ian.castle at coldcomfortfarm.net
Fri Feb 14 06:04:01 CET 2003

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 05:29, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

> Years ago when C was young and implementations were not readily
> available people compilers for subsets of C and called then small C
> compilers.

Not sure if this is of any use/relevance, but mention of Small-C brought
back some distant memories... On my bookshelf I have a copy of :

The Small-C Handbook
James E. Hendrix
1984

It has the source of the small-c compiler in it. It is targeted at the
8080 though. The source is only a thousand or so lines of C. Can't see
any sign of a licence though..

Way back when I got it I had thought of porting it to the 68000.. but
ending up using BCPL instead....